Wednesday, December 31, 2008

NFC Playoff Picks

Since I will not be posting anything for the next 4 days I have to make my playoff picks for the NFL today.

Lines current as of 2:00p mst on Wednesday December 31st, 2008 and from oddsmaker.com


NFC

--Falcons (-2 1/2) @ Arizona

Home teams should have the advantage, that is why they call it home field advantage, but the Cards just don't seem into it. Best case scenario - they were just bored with their division, knew they were going to make the playoffs regardless of what they did and just got lazy. Worst case scenario - they are as actually bad as they have looked and will get smoked. On the other side I really like Atlanta, save for the Denver at home they didn't really have any bad losses. They beat who they were supposed to beat and lost to a few games to good teams. There was only one lopsided loss (at Carolina). I think Michael Turner is a star. I think the Falcons cover on a big day from him.

--Philadelphia (-3) @ Minnesota

I want to say Minnesota because they haven't had a division crown in quite some time, nor a home field playoff game so the dome will be popping. Both teams are coming off huge wins and riding at least a little momentum into the playoffs, but both lost the week before so it's not like they are on huge winning streaks. I think the difference in the game is the play at quarterback I will take Donovan McNabb over Tarvaris Jackson. Unless Adrian Peterson goes nuts, like beyond his usual level of nuts, I like Philadelphia to cover.

No comments: