Friday, January 9, 2009

NFL Playoff Picks Second Round

Lines current as of 4:30p mst on Friday January 9th, 2009 and from oddsmaker.com

AFC

--Ravens at Titans (-3)

I can't imagine this game not being ugly. Two really good defenses, two average offenses led by two average quarterbacks who are opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of their careers. The only way this gets exciting is if Ed Reed touches the ball. (Speaking of that, I have heard enough about Ed Reed lately, he is great - we get it. He is getting as much pub in the sports world as the governor of Illinois is getting in the fake news world. Blagojevich is slimy and has bad hair, Ed Reed is a ballhawk and really good; enough already). Gad now I am angry. Anyways the game is in Nashville where the Titans have already beaten Baltimore but that won't make much of a difference. The Raven run game does a tiny bit more than the Titan run game, both quarterbacks play poorly have at least 1 interception (maybe/probably more). Look for a bunch of field goals and the Ravens win a close, ugly one. Ravens 19 Titans 16

--Chargers (+6) at Pittsburgh

If I am Pittsburgh, I am really scared of this game. The Chargers are smoking hot, their karma from the beginning of the season is finally on the other end of the spectrum, and Darren Sproles is doing his best Tazmanian Devil impersonation. San Diego's defense is finally playing up to their potential. Pittsburgh already beat San Diego at home, but only by 1. It is supposed to stop snowing on Saturday in Pittsburgh and the game is Sunday. So it should be cold, but clear. The Steelers needed the rest from the bye and they will be ready, Heinz field will be rocking. I want to take the Steelers, they won't win by 6. It will be close. For sure take the points, and I know this is going to bite me but I will take the Chargers. I am internally yelling at myself but Chargers 24 Steelers 23

NFC

--Cardinals (+9 1/2) at Panthers

I love the Panthers, I love their run game, I love Steve Smith (a Ute). I love their defense, I like their coach, they are home, the weather is going to suck, Delhomme probably won't have to throw the ball more than like 15 times, I can't say enough. The Cardinals surprised me against Atlanta, but Carolina is a better team than Atlanta, Jake Delhomme is better than Matt Ryan. I don't see the Cardinals offense getting going. 9 1/2 is a lot to lay for a defensive run oriented team. Still though, I can't help but take the Cats. Panthers 31 Cardinals 13

--Eagles (+4) at Giants

The Eagles are hot. If Westbrook makes 3 big plays the Eagles can win this. The Eagles have to feel good after dominating Dallas to get into the playoffs then getting a big win on the road at Minnesota. But the Giants are too good to let this win slip away, they want to prove that they can win without Plaxico and Eli wants to prove that he better than his brother (I have no proof of this, I just can't imagine it isn't true). This will be close, 3 or 4 points. Let's hope it's 4. Giants 20 Eagles 16

1 comment:

Amanda said...

You need to blog more, you are falling behind. What a bad blogger.