Tuesday, January 6, 2009

NFL Playoff Picks (in hindsight)

I was 3-1 in my first round of playoff picks but only 2-2 against the spread, which is respectable, I suppose. I really thought Miami would keep it closer. They were at home but they somehow forgot not turning it over is a good idea. I totally underestimated the Cardinals, they hunkered down and stopped Michael Turner, which hurt the Falcons. Arizona had a swagger they hadn't had in a while and won one for their fans at home. The Eagles outplayed the Vikings with help from wouldn't you know, a bad interception (returned for a touchdown) by Tarvaris Jackson. I said earlier that as long as Adrian Peterson didn't go nuts (a respectable, but not wild 20 for 83, with 2 touchdowns) the Eagles should cover, he didn't and they did. I said the Chargers game was tough to call, I went with the Chargers and wouldn't you know, they won at home, in overtime. Wow I am impressive.

Second round playoff picks to come soon.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

You're a great blogger.